Review of Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - For my sister's birthday

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Review of Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush Hush is my sister's favourite book, so I decided to review it for her birthday.
                                                                               
About Hush Hush :-

Falling for the fallen . . .

For Nora Grey, romance was never part of the plan. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her. Nora is drawn to him against her better judgement.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora isn't sure if she can trust him. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and to know more about her than her closest friends. And when she tries to seek answers, she discovers she is right in the middle of a centuries-old battle between the immortal and the fallen...and it's time to take sides.

Hush Hush is the first novel in a series by Becca Fitzpatrick, each growning more and more thrilling each page you turn. It is so unique in the writing style and the characters behind every page. This is a must read book, whether you are a teenager or a adult because this story has romance and suspense everywhere you read.

The story is based around Nora Grey, Vee Sky, Patch Cipriano and many more interesting characters. The story is set in Coldwater, Maine, and revolves around the dramas that are likely to happen to Nora, Patch and Vee. To start with Nora Grey is a normal teenager with a normal amount of drama for a teenage life. Enter Patch who is a mystery for Nora but has the type of boyish charm and sarcastic behaviour that is bound to cause drama wherever he directs it. Then there is Vee, Nora's best friend, beautiful, tall and stylish, Vee adds the humour to the drama that happens in this beautiful told book.

My favourite character is - Nora, she acts like any other teenager in the world and her character keeps on developing as the story plays out.
My sister's favourite character is - Vee, as she is witty, down to earth and smart not to mention her wicked sense of humour.

My favourite part of the story would have to be the beginning when Nora and Patch meet for the first time in their biology class.
My sister's favourite part of the story is when Nora and Patch are at Bo's Arcade in the amusement park playing pool.

My favourite quote from the book would have to be - ' I focused on the chalkboard. Barbie and Ken stared back with strangely cheerful smiles. Coach said, "Human reproduction can be a sticky subject -" "Ewww!" groaned a chorus of students.'
My sister's favourite quote from the book is - ' "Hang on, did you just call me Angel?" I asked. "If I did?" "I don't like it." He grinned. "It stays. Angel."

Hush Hush is a book that you can re-read again and again and still be amazed at the characters and the drama that unfolds with every page that is turned. If I had to describe the book in three words they would have to be:- Suspenseful, Witty and Amazing. Each of these words are what makes the book what it is, the suspense of the story line and the romance that is developing. Witty with both Vee and Patch sense of humours and Amazing because this whole story was amazing from start to finish.

If you like books by Stephanie Meyer or Lauren Kate, then this is the book for you.

I would rate Hush Hush with a 5 out of 5.

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is out now.

You can buy it from all major retailers.

It is published by Simon & Schuster.

Thank you to my lovely sister who let me read her copy and happy birthday to you.


Another day, another book,


Sophie Kate <3

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Leave a link and I will be sure to visit your site, too!