Waiting On Wednesday - Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain

Wednesday 3 July 2013

 
 
 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Breaking The Spine. It gives the chance to show new book release that are coming out soon. The book that I am looking forward to is Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain.
 
 
About Necessary Lies -
 
The publication date is the 1st August 2013 by Pan.
 
 
After losing her parents, fifteen-year-old Ivy Hart is left to care for her grandmother, older sister and nephew as tenants on a small tobacco farm. As she struggles with her grandmother’s aging, her sister’s mental illness and her own epilepsy, she realizes they might need more than she can give.

When Jane Forrester takes a position as Grace County’s newest social worker, she doesn’t realize just how much her help is needed. She quickly becomes emotionally invested in her clients' lives, causing tension with her boss and her new husband. But as Jane is drawn in by the Hart women, she begins to discover the secrets of the small farm—secrets much darker than she would have guessed. Soon, she must decide whether to take drastic action to help them, or risk losing the battle against everything she believes is wrong.

Set in rural Grace County, North Carolina in a time of state-mandated sterilizations and racial tension, Necessary Lies tells the story of these two young women, seemingly worlds apart, but both haunted by tragedy. Jane and Ivy are thrown together and must ask themselves: how can you know what you believe is right, when everyone is telling you it’s wrong?

 
I really love Diane Chamberlain books as they are very similar to Jodi Picoult, Diane Chamberlain books have so much depth to them and are so moving, they are so amazing to read. I can't wait for her new book.
 
What book release are you most looking forward to? Add a comment to share your 'Waiting On' Wednesday.

Another day, another book,


Sophie Kate <3

 
 

6 comments

  1. I usually don't read this kind of books but I'm tempted ;)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have preordered this one...I love this author's books. I heard that The First Lie came before this one, so I downloaded it today. It's a short prequel.

    Thanks for sharing. Here's MY WOW POST


    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting, I like books set in the American South and family dramas. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good, you have me curious. Thanks for sharing!
    Cricket@ Little Library Muse
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this one yet but it looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-perfect-ruin/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! This is the first that I've heard of this one. I really love your blog design! I love cupcakes. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Leave a link and I will be sure to visit your site, too!