Promo & Q&A with Wendy Lou Jones

Tuesday 10 May 2016


Sun on Sundays is an emotionally compelling tale of family and friendship and hope. 
Carrie-Ann is 19 and in love with Tom; she always has been, yet their worlds only touch every other weekend. She had thought that by agreeing to work on Nutt Hill she would get see him far more. Unfortunately that didn’t seem to be the case. 
But Maggie is a sucker for young love and despite Carrie-Ann keeping her years of yearning close to her chest, one day Tom turns up on the hill. 
Will he ever see her the way she wants to be seen? 
Sometimes these things need a helping hand...

23 Review Street:
Q&A with Wendy Lou Jones

Hi Wendy, thank you for joining us on 23 Review Street. Your new book ‘Sun On Sundays’ just got released. It is the second in the series and looks amazing, would you be able to tell us a bit about it?
My pleasure. Lower Nutton is a village in the heart of the English countryside. It’s a farming community and up on Nutt Hill, lives Margaret Pemberton. In the first story, Finding Sarah, Sarah Hughes moves into the village and starts to work on Nutt Hill. Now Carrie-Ann has taken over in her role and she is in love with Tom Thornton, the Pemberton’s farm manager. Carrie-Ann is 19 and comes from a rather poor family in the village. Tom is from a middle class home up the street. There’s almost 7 years between them, but that hasn’t stopped her yearning. It’s called Sun on Sundays, because she only sees him every other week in church, but fortunately Maggie, her boss, is a sucker for romance…

This is your second novel in the ‘Echoes Of Nutt Hill’, do you have any plans for more in the series?
Oh yes. I’m just putting the finishing touches to book 3 at the moment and book 4 is mostly written, so hopefully both will come out before the end of the summer. That’s all of them, for now.

You have written several books; what advice would you give aspiring authors?
Firstly, never give up, and don’t be afraid to try different things to find out what fits you best.
Also, love your work, because if you don’t, nobody else will. You have to believe in it and feel it to be able to convey that to others.
And finally, decide what you want out of it, whether that’s to find readers for your stories, or create stories for readers. There’s a big difference.

What is your writing day like?
I may write for 12 hours in the day, or not at all for a couple of weeks. My writing has always had to fit in with my life. I suppose most people’s does. So it depends what else I have on and at what position I am in writing. If I get stuck, I don’t pressure myself, just take a few days off and think about it. Sadly, cleaning the house seems to work best of all. :-/

If you had to sum your writing style up in three words, what would they be?
Emotional, romantic, original.

Thank you so much for stopping by 23 Review Street.
Thank you, Sophie Kate. I’ve loved being here. It’s such a pretty street.


I spent a happy childhood in West Sussex, where I avoided reading at all costs, so much so that my English teacher fell off her perch when I told her I got an A in my English lit. O-level (showing my age there!) “How did YOU get an A?” she was heard to exclaim.
    I studied the sciences at A-level and managed to get through the university years without so much as a peek at a library (not entirely true, but pretty much.)
    I worked as a doctor in my twenties and then dropped out to have kids. Having read about only one book a year through my teens, I was, by then, up to the dizzy heights of perhaps three? How on Earth did I end up here? Did I take a wrong turning somewhere in life? You might well think so. But what really happened was, one night, in my late 30s, I had a dream. As simple as that. A dream that inspired me. And I’ve been reading and writing ever since.
 

Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter / Website

Another day, another book, 
      post signature

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Leave a link and I will be sure to visit your site, too!